Thursday, December 27, 2012

Self-Reflection Poem

I'm awkward.
Anyone who knows me, knows that.
Sometimes I'm hard to read.
I can be confusing, complex, dramatic...
but most of all- sarcastic.
That confuses people.

I'm struggling.
Anyone who knows me, knows that.
Sometimes I am mistaken, because of this.
I can be known to hide, bury, distract myself...
but usually- the second it resurfaces, I start to drown.
I can't swim.

I'm lonely.
Anyone who knows me, knows that.
Sometimes people think wrong of me.
I have hurt myself, in pursuit of acceptance...
but still- I am alone.
I just want a safe place.

I'm imperfect.
Anyone who knows me, knows that.
Sometimes people expect me to be.
I struggle with perfection, confidence...
but at least I know who I am.
Unlike some.

I'm Balie.
Anyone who knows me, knows that.
Sometimes music is who I am.
I am a lot of things: a leader, a friend, a lover, a fighter...
but most of all- I am Balie.
Always.

Never anything more.
Never anything less.
If you can't accept that...
I don't need you in my life.
I've had enough losers.

No comments:

Post a Comment