Saturday, September 22, 2012

9/22/12

Dear blog-- oh, how I've missed you...

It's been approximately two months since I've spent quality time here; I'm not sure how I feel about it. ):

I think it's time for an update! (:

My senior year is in FULL SWING-- and by that I mean, overwhelming as can be. I receive, on average, 6 college things (brochures, ads, other junk no one wants) daily. Like that doesn't help me decide what I want to do or where I want to do it... I suppose there's still time-- Though I have applied to one college! The University of Northern Colorado is the college I'd really love to go to, but I have some doubts regarding finances and that worries me. (a lot). But I have applied! Isn't that the first step? (:

School activities are keeping me busy as a bee-- I'm currently involved in: Mock Trial, fall play, marching band, spectrum (show) choir and not to mention preparations for all-state 2013! My time is well spent.  Some days I leave the house at 6:55 and come home around 5-- then return to school at 5:40 until 9:00 or later. Plus sleep is an activity I find myself slacking on... who needs sleep? (:

Today I spent the day with the most wonderful people on earth-- the band. (:  I include the middle schoolers as well. (excluding the over-ridiculous, annoyingly persistent, GROSS ones... they know who they are!)  With the help of the OHS band students, the OMS marching band placed 1st in the middle school division for UNK Band Day 2012! GO BAND! I love band...

I'm going to try to blog at least twice a week-- so if I don't fulfill my promise- yes, a promise- I give all of my readers permission to send me a threatening email. (:

What will I be doing now?
Sleep. (:

(And by that I mean, putting Whitacre's Sleep on repeat all night...((I'm such a nerd!))

p.s. I'm having a few conflicts regarding what I should do in life. I know, I know... I don't have to decide what I want to do NOW, but I would really appreciate if anyone/all who reads this put in their input--
What profession(s) can you see me fulfilling after high school? Ex. What do you think I would be fantabulous doing, push myself, exceed with... etc.? It would really help me out. (:


Balie

4 comments:

  1. Glad to read an update on your life! I can't believe you're a senior already...my, how time flies.

    I think you'd make an excellent teacher, Balie. I know, I know...cliche coming from a teacher. But, you have passion, drive, empathy, and you listen well....good teachers need these qualities, and not every person is blessed with these. And if you're ever in eastern Nebraska for a college visit, look us up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to say that Danielle and then opened your post. I agree Balie. You are passionate about what you love and if you can have that passion in your class then your kids will be engaged. My sister is teaching Music but is also thinking about music therapy. Music changed her life.

    Yes you have time...Follow your passion and don't let anything stand in your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Balie, Balie, Balie. Your passion, your drive, and your talent astound me. You are one of the most inspiring individuals I know. I truly believe that you could do whatever it is that makes your heart sing. It was YOU who told me to do the thing that you couldn't imagine living without. That being said, I'm going to have to go with Mrs. H on this one. Your warm empathy and understanding would be such an asset in the teaching field. You are already such a wonderful mentor to all of us younger kids in the band. But it's not me, or Mrs. Helzer, or any other person on this planet that knows what's right for you. Look into your soul. There's something or someone out there who's just waiting for Balie to come along and transform it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Balie...I have seen you transform SO MUCH in the past few years. I know that you have many passions and that you commit yourself to those passions. I'm going to be selfish and say that you would make a WONDERFUL teacher because you understand many "types" of kids, since you have transformed yourself through that process. You are an amazing musician with a beautiful voice...so it seems like music education might be a good idea ;) As long as you don't come back and beat me out of a job! I will be praying for you to have guidance and comfort in making those decisions!

    ReplyDelete