Thursday, August 1, 2013

Speechless

What if all we have ever wanted
           isn't hiding in some
secret and far away dream,
           but inside of us now
      as we breathe one another
  and find home in the way
    our arms always seem to fit
perfectly around the spaces
             between us?
 What if we are the answer
          and love was the question?
       What if all this time
it was us you were supposed
                  to find?
I am filled with wonderings,
     questions, and doubt
     but of one thing I am certain:
it will always be you
        that gives flight to the
    butterflies inside me,
    calm to the sea I have become,
 and hope to the darkness
           all around us.
       It is you and it has always
    been you...
you.
        You that soothes and excites
     and spreads joy like rainfall
  on the already damp earth;
You that pulled me from the longest
  sleep and kissed my tired eyelids
                awake.
       If life is a question mark,
               then you my love,
        are the proud and bold period
     that is typed with certainty.

          -Tyler Knott Gregson-

No comments:

Post a Comment