See, I told you I'd forget! Anyway--
For today's photo, strangers, I thought it would be kind of creepy to take pictures of real strangers... understandably, I'd hope. So instead, I chose this!
I've seen this quote before on various sites; i.e. pinterest, tumblr, facebook... And it kind of sparked something in me. It's pretty straight forward-- We all start as strangers.
Every one of us...
As a child to your mother, you were strangers.
The first day of school, you were strangers.
The first day of summer camp, you were strangers.
And so on and so forth...
Your best friend? Yeah, you were strangers with them once too. And it's weird to think about, because I guess now you can't even picture your life without certain people in it.
It also inspires me to reach out and be less stranger-y with actual strangers. You never know-- they may turn out to be "the one." Or you could be the sign they've been searching for... There's so many things we, as a society, brush off because we're too dang caught up with our own "important" lives- and we forget there are other people who are looking for the same things we are. And maybe sometimes, if we stop and look around- and actually look those 'strangers' in the eyes, we might find a common interest... Like baking cookies, or sweaters, or scarves, or that they really, really rock that outfit. If you compliment them, or make a random comment or even simply, "pay it forward," they may find something redeeming in society. Because of you. Small, random acts of kindness really do make a difference. And so do you.
We all start as strangers.

No comments:
Post a Comment