I strongly suggest everyone read this.
I finished it last night and it's given me a lot to think about.
I think I need to process it further, but really--
Read it.
It came out in January 2012, so it's really new.
Here's the description via amazon.com
"Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has
bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her
final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist
named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group,
Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten. Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars
is award-winning author John Green’s most ambitious and heartbreaking
work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic
business of being alive and in love."
Basically, it's about two teenagers battling various stages of cancer who fall in love, knowing the risks they are subjecting themselves to: a tell-tale story of love and loss. John Green has made it understandable for the reader to understand the point of view from the parent, and the victim of cancer both told through the narrator.
I loved it
Basically, it's about two teenagers battling various stages of cancer who fall in love, knowing the risks they are subjecting themselves to: a tell-tale story of love and loss. John Green has made it understandable for the reader to understand the point of view from the parent, and the victim of cancer both told through the narrator.
I loved it
I love that you are mentioning books on here... I'm kind of an idiot about picking books to read, I may have to check this out! Thanks, Balie!
ReplyDeleteKristin
Hmm... this looks tempting. :)
ReplyDeleteRead it, you won't regret it! (:
ReplyDelete