I love them.
I want to write, but I have to wait until I can buy a laptop next month. After I get my paycheck...
BUT
I finished Divergent, and it was AWESOME. I went to the library to return all the old books and to get new ones this morning, and I also asked if they had the sequel, Insurgent. Unfortunately, they didn't... ): So I bought it on the bookstore that is happily downloaded on my phone. (: I can't wait to start it!

^^ Insurgent. Here's the description from amazon:
"One choice can transform you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.
Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so."
It's awesome. Another thing: it's strangely similar to The Hunger Games, so it's not entirely original, but the storyline is very different, so rather, it is sort of, somewhat, original. (In its own way)
I checked out more books by John Green today! SO excited.
I think he may be, in fact, my favorite author. (:

Cue descriptions!
Paper Towns:
"Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life—dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge— he follows. After their all-nighter ends, and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues— and they’re for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew."
An Abundance of Katherines:
"When it comes to relationships, Colin Singleton’s type is girls named Katherine. And when it comes to girls named Katherine, Colin is always getting dumped. Nineteen times, to be exact. On a road trip miles from home, this anagram-happy, washed-up child prodigy has ten thousand dollars in his pocket, a bloodthirsty feral hog on his trail, and an overweight, Judge Judy–loving best friend riding shotgun—but no Katherines. Colin is on a mission to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability, which he hopes will predict the future of any relationship, avenge Dumpees everywhere, and finally win him the girl. Love, friendship, and a dead Austro-Hungarian archduke add up to surprising and heart-changing conclusions in this ingeniously layered comic novel about reinventing oneself."
I also checked out--
Such a Pretty Girl-- Laura Wiess
Leftovers-- Laura Wiess
If I Stay-- Gayle Forman
Where She Went-- Gayle Forman
The Sky is Everywhere-- Jandy Nelson
I attached a link to the book titles so that descriptions won't take up SO much room, and be SO much to read. The link goes to www.goodreads.com. That website has SO many quotes and book reviews, I use it often.
Clever, huh? (:
I know, I know... I'm such a nerd! But I love reading and I think I could/should make it a daily fixture in my life. I've really wanted to write a book for awhile now, and I think it's time to start. I have this little notebook I've been stashing ideas in, so hopefully things should come together quickly. I'm so excited! (:
Sorry for the long post... (:
(not really)
-Balie
No comments:
Post a Comment