Studying like a mad-woman for the ACT on June 9.
Moving my sister to Hastings. (YES)
Successfully reading two books to my father on our way to and from Hastings. (:
![]() |
| The Perks of Being a Wallflower |
![]() |
| Looking For Alaska |
From these books I've learned more about life--
I love books.
I highly recommend them; yet there are some moments of strong language and suggestive situations...
I've also read The Hunger Games trilogy again, and another trilogy which the title escapes me.
AND I've worked four 8-hour days and made $169 in tips PLUS $7.95+hour. I love my job.
I've registered for two camps/workshops in July.
UNK All-State Camp, which I HIGHLY recommend to anyone who plans to audition for all-state in the fall.
It helps. Srsly.
And also NASC's Summer Leadership Workshop in Wayne.
I went the summer before my freshman year and without it, I fervently believe I'd be in a much darker place than I am now.
It taught me how to be confident and how to be part of a team.
As an incoming senior, I expect myself to lead my peers to a "Great Perhaps," (a new philosophy from Looking For Alaska.)-- I really do recommend the book to anyone who likes to read. It is mildly suggestive, but it's written for young adults/teens and it really hit home for me. So, yeah. AGAIN, I recommend it strongly.--
ANYWAY.
I've acquired a kitten whose name is JACK. (: He and Billy are best friends. (I think it's a sign....)
![]() |
| This is JACK. |
![]() |
| This is Billy. |
I've caught a cold, and the 24-hour flu.
I've been to a family-therapy session with my therapist, but unfortunately was too exhausted to participate and quickly fell asleep while my mom ranted. Oops...
I've slept until I couldn't possibly sleep anymore.
I've broken my ipod. :(
I went to the lake with my best friend to catch some sun, which I successfully did WITHOUT burning myself.
WIN.
I've cleaned my room, my piano/music room, my sister's room, the living room, the bathroom... the entire upstairs of my house (excluding the kitchen.)
I have helped my choir teacher and his wife, the HELZERS pack (sort of.)
I have accomplished.... eh, SO MUCH.
All in all:
I've read 9 books, including the giant ACT prep book,
cleaned 5 bedrooms,
moved my sister, and helped the Helzers,
gotten a kitty :3,
worked 24+ hours, plus tips,
expanded my love and respect for life,
and learned my boundaries and limits for the road to successs.
This may be my most productive week ever....
THIS IS GOING TO BE A HELLUVA YEAR. (:




No comments:
Post a Comment