Wednesday, May 9, 2012

5/9/12

Today was the last day with the seniors. Or, I suppose yesterday was because they were only here for one class period today. But again, "today was the last day with the seniors."

This year as a junior, I've felt obligated to set a good example and make good impressions for my upcoming future. But now, as the seniors prepare for graduation, I'm faced with the realization that instead of having them as an extra layer on my security blanket, I will be someone's blanket.

I think I'm alright with that.

On a different note: I have a problem...
Our final concerts have passed, musical is over, seniors graduate on Saturday, lockers are being cleaned out, and my free time is accumulating; Loose ends are being tied up, grades finalized... and yet I still haven't finished my psychology term paper.  It was due more than a week ago!

Why, oh why, do I do this to myself?

I need help.

I've checked out, but still have plenty of work to do.  If I don't hand in this paper, my grade will suffer-- which means the GPA I've managed to drag up from the aftermath of my carelessness and terrible work ethic as a freshman, will fall...

Why does that not affect me as strongly as I'd like it to?  Why, though I realize my actions are awful and will have severe repercussions, do I not seem motivated to fix it?  Why, when I have an abundance of time to work on it, do I not do it?!

I frustrate myself to no end... again, I say: I need help.

1 comment:

  1. Why...when I know eating junk food is bad for me..do I do it? Because we all have our weaknesses! All we can do is constantly strive to strengthen these rough patches and still celebrate our strengths! You will always have music to fill your time.

    ReplyDelete