Monday, April 30, 2012

4/30/12

Sometimes I feel like quitting... You know that feeling of just being so sick of things that you want to escape for awhile? That's what my day has turned into. It was really a pretty swell day... Actually, today was great until reality stepped in.

Sometimes I'm so very thankful that I'm not of the legal age to subject myself to alcohol, because that's the only option I feel like I have right now. I'm also glad that I'm not addicted to any controlled substances, because that could be equally as terrible. I just wish I could escape, to have somewhere I could go where there will only be me and my music... And I can't even come home to a family that is glad to see me-- no, I come home to a family that sits around computers and televisions, who complain of the littlest of things, while they really have no care in the world to ask me what's going on. A family that never does anything but nag me about the things I should be doing and the things they would like me to be doing. Do they not see the things I'm already so determined to accomplish? As if!

Sometimes I feel like running away. I could be somewhere different, I suppose that's a plus... that's if I had somewhere decent to go. But instead here I am, forever anchored to this place people call my home. And just for the record:
it's not my home, it's my house.

If they say "home is where the heart is..." then I guess I haven't found my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment