Hello, Blog!
This is my first post ever, and it feels kind of nice to be able to start something new again. I want to stay committed to this and try to post every day, if possible. How exciting! (:
I am Balie, pronounced Bailey. My parents decided to mix up the spelling, so naturally, it's misspelled frequently. I'm finishing up my junior year at Ogallala High School in Nebraska. I'm sixteen years old and ready to move on with my life. I live with my parents, sister, and five pets. We've recently acquired two kittens; mine is named Ginger, and my sister's is Spooks. The remaining three we have had for awhile. Last June my dad surprised us with a puppy after our nine-year-old corgi died in February. We named him Billy Jo- a mix of my dad's nickname for me and my sister's middle name. He is a black and white corgi mix and we just celebrated his birthday on April 15! Tanya and Polly are our old cats. I can never remember their ages, but when we lived on a farm when I was little we raised them from the wild.
Music is my life. I honestly don't believe I would be able to function without it. I plan on being a music teacher, or possibly a performer when I graduate. If you're a musician, you're no stranger to the exhilarating rush music can bring. Last night was our last choir concert of the year; it was also our last concert with our current director of the last four years. He and his wife are moving to Omaha, where she was offered another job. We'll will miss them greatly. Anyway, this concert was especial because each ensemble performed 5-6 songs and a trio of the sweetest freshman boys alive performed "16 Tons." They had asked me to accompany them, and I willingly obliged. They did spectacular! We then sang our three district choir pieces and again, I accompanied Requiem. It was simply beautiful... After tearful hugs and stuff I realized what a great year it has been. Comparing where I am now to where I was last year makes me want to laugh. Time flies when you're having fun. (:
I'll post more later because I have a term paper to write.
Yay for bloggin!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you are blogging! I'm excited to read your work :)
ReplyDeleteok...I wanted to beat my wife to the first post ;) Honestly though, it will be great for me to be able to follow this and stay in touch with what is going on in your life! Thanks in advance for sharing your life stories and thoughts!
ReplyDeleteThanks for accompanying us Balie!! :) I'm glad you're blogging!
ReplyDeleteWoohooo! Look at us bloggers!
ReplyDeleteAnd ditto to the Helzers!
:D
Sadly, I don't blog. I just am not that type of writer. But I love following people's blogs. So if it's alright with you, I will follow you. And like Micah said, that you so much for helping us. We couldn't have done that good without you.
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome- thanks for asking me.
ReplyDeleteDon't be afraid to ask again. (: